I was going to post about this in my bookish cafe tab but I feel like it's too delicious to not make an entire dedicated post about! This is something that I look forward to every fall & I always conserve a bit of the ingredients for later on in the year. It's so sweet & comforting!
What you'll need π- espresso
my espresso recs: If you have a moka pot or espresso machine - Illy Classico Espresso, If you have a nespresso - Scuro or Chiaro Pod, If you have no machine - Nescafe Blonde Instant Espresso
- Salted Maple Cold Foam from Trader Joe's
- Organic Maple Butter from Trader Joe's
- Flaky sea salt (I think the one I use is Maldon but it doesn't matter lol just make sure it's flaky & yummy - I've always been really strange about salt, I can eat bits of the Maldon salt as a snack it's so yummy!)
- Oat milk (or whatever milk floats your boat)
Let's make it!!!
Start with a teaspoon (or more!) of the maple butter, crack a little bit of sea salt over it, then brew a double shot of espresso right over that. If you're using the instant espresso or moka pot go ahead & make your double shot then pour it right over your spoon of maple butter/salt. Instead of adding our ice to our cute cup 1st we're going to pour our maple-y double shot in, add milk to cool it down, then ice last, this way it's not watered down. Top with the salted maple cold foam & you're done! Little tips - you'll want to use hot water for the instant espresso so that it actually dissolves the maple butter but I have noticed the instant espresso is kinda fussy, you can burn it so be careful of that. If you're brewing the espresso over it you'll still need to take your time stirring it to ensure it all dissolves & incorporates properly.
Do you have any favorite fall coffee recipes?
Fall coffee drinks always look so good (and the smell is to die for) yet I hate the taste of coffee π and boy have I tried. Maybe it's not for me yet, LOL! But if you do have a caffeine-free fall drink recipe (especially with caramel) I'd definitely love to try it! (even though where I live it's literally summer year-long but god forbid a girls wants to pretend it's autumn).
ReplyDelete