My handsome boy!!!
I know a lot of women don't like the stereotype that a period makes you more emotional, but mine genuinely does! A few weekends ago I was playing It takes Two with my boyfriend & violently sobbed over a stuffed elephant, throwing that cute little stuffed elephant to the ground was not a first day of my period type of activity. Similarly, spreading Milo's ashes was not a first day of my period activity. I did not sob violently, but oh boy the tears were there and my heart was HURTING.
This boy has my heart, he was my first dog & he showed me how much love I'm capable of. He loved cuddling, he was such a little snuggle bug! He was a rescue & was abused before we got him & he didn't know what cuddling was. Those first few weeks with him I would hold him close & kiss him on the head (sometimes he would try to squirm away & since I was incredibly ignorant about dogs I would hold him there instead of letting him go) & after a little while I wouldn't have to call him to me to be cuddled, he would come right to my lap & lay down. Once he discovered that cuddles & being held & kissed was a good thing he came to love it! He loved kisses! Even on his last day he was bowing his head to be kissed.
He loved sunbathing! My beautiful, handsome, perfect boy, he always looked so cute soaking up the sun. He had so much love to give. When I moved away from him & left him with my parents I was so worried that he would have no one to give his love to, they didn't hold him or kiss him or let him on the couches & that hurts me but I'm sure it hurts them too. I'm sure they've had to grapple with the regret of not loving him enough & in the way that he knew love (now with their other dog he's allowed to do all the things Milo was not - allowed on the couches & in the bed!), in the same way I grapple with not visiting more often & not spending enough time with him. Ya know, my parents were scared of giving him medications because they thought they'd get bit. Milo used to bite people when we first got him, he was so fearful. And of course he was, all he knew of people before us was the sting of a belt. But he never bit me. The first day I met him he was in a crate & my dad told me to be careful because he bites. But as I said before, I was so oblivious & ignorant on how to interact with animals & care for them so I stuck my whole upper body into the crate with him. I was so excited to meet him! My dad was doing work at a house in Pompano, FL & Milo's old owners (the ones who abused him) moved away & left Milo outside in the hot, Florida sun in a crate with no food or water. My dad went there to work every day & Milo growled at him but my dad made a routine of letting him out to pee & brought him food & water. My parents were both very anti-dog but no one was coming back for Milo so dad brought him home. He was so fearful but he let me scoop him right out of the crate and hold him close to me. He never bit me, he never scared me, they just didn't understand him. My sweet little boy was sweet to the very end. I don't know what else to write because my heart is just feeling heavy.
It's just weird to think that a dog with so much personality can fit in a little engraved box & the paws that carried him through life are just gone, only a little print in clay. I've said so many times, I'll never get to know another dog like Milo he was just so special. He was clingy & loving & protective & goofy & just the perfect boy! I thank God that I got to know him & that I got to be with him in his final moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment