Friday, August 7, 2026

It's soup season & I loovveeee miso soup!


I am not feeling well at all today, I had no clue what to eat for lunch but then I remembered I have almost all the ingredients for miso soup!!! Plus it's officially fall (to me) & this is the perfect time for soups! Do you remember the first time you had miso soup & really loved it? (not all miso soups are created equal, trust me!) I do, it was from China Sky in Loxahatchee, FL. I still think about this little restaurant. Loxahatchee is a big city now but when I first moved there with my family this was 1 of only 2 or 3 restaurants in town. Anyways, I recently got miso soup from a restaurant & it was so painfully mid, I don't know how you mess up a soup this simple (it's got like 4 ingredients!) but somehow they did. This led me to learning how to make it & it's way easier than you think!
It's actually so easy to make & I highly, highly recommend giving it a try! Also, if you're a sensitive tummy girly like me this is such a good meal for when you're dealing with those troubles. It's full of probiotics & it's great for gut health!

Here's how to make it 
  1. Add 4 cups of water & 2 tsp of dashi to a pot, bring to a boil
  2. If you're doing wontons instead of the tofu now is the time to toss them in, reduce heat to a gentle simmer 
  3. Through a strainer, stir in 3 tbsp of miso paste, I like to rest it right on top of the pot so it's dipped a little bit into my broth & stir in the paste. The strainer catches any graininess so you don't have that in your broth - side note: don't boil your miso paste! When you boil it, you lose some of the nutritional value. 
  4. Add in your cubed tofu (I like using silken tofu) & wakame (be careful with how much you add, the first time I made this I added waaayyyy too much. I do about 1 tbsp of it now)
  5. Top with scallions
  6. Pop on a comfort show, pray over your meal, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings about Halloween Nostalgia

There's something so warm & cozy about the 2000s fall/halloween aesthetic & maybe I just think that because I was a kid at that ...