Thursday, August 6, 2026

Low self esteem is lame!!!

 And if I said low self esteem & comparing yourself to other people is lame, then what?



I'm going to be extremely vulnerable here, ever since my childhood I have struggled with low self esteem, I hated myself literally for as long as I can remember & as I got older it stuck around. I could sit here & talk about how my earliest memories are family members making fun of me for having a unibrow, my peers making fun of me for my puffy hair & hairy arms in the elementary school hallways, I could talk about how boys would point at me in middle school & loudly say to their friend "YOU LIKE HER" before letting out a wild laugh, I could talk about going into the following list of my first real boyfriend & seeing it just be a catalog of skinny, blonde, white women (skinny, blonde, white women, you are so so so beautiful!!! This was just a hard moment for me because I am in fact, a very Indian looking Guyanese girl).  I could rehash all these moments but they don't really matter. People can be cruel, we can be cruel, & we are so judgmental towards others but even more so to ourselves. I can't tell you all the nasty things I have said to myself, I am my biggest bully. 

I've struggled with self esteem & comparing myself to other people for a while now & it's just silly! There's no need to compare when there's beauty in everyone! People come in all shapes, sizes, & colors, we're all different but all beautiful in our own ways! God intentionally made us, who are we to sit here & talk badly about His creation? He made stars, deep blue oceans, thriving rainforests, sunsets, flowers, galaxies, snowflakes, everything we look at in awe, He made & then when He made you He decided that you're even better than all those things. You're worth more than all those things! God crafted you by hand, He held you & made all your features. Remember that before you start to compare yourself to other people, you are both made by the King of Kings & He loves you so much that He went to the cross for you! 

Low self esteem is so lame, why are we doing it?! It's not the truth, it gives bully & mean, most of the things we tell ourselves we would never say to other people because it's simply disgusting! 

Psalm 139:14  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings about Halloween Nostalgia

There's something so warm & cozy about the 2000s fall/halloween aesthetic & maybe I just think that because I was a kid at that ...