Sunday, August 2, 2026

Lazy-ish Days Diary / Yap

 ⊹₊ ⋆.π–₯” ݁ ˖⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Ω  ࣪⭑

Happy Sunday cozy peeps! I am so tired & feeling like I'm getting a little cold, but this weekend was nice & lazy-ish. I say lazy-ish because a true lazy day for me is spent doing absolutely nothing, literally sitting on the couch, watching TV, & playing video games all day. Saturday did start out super chill & to be vulnerable here, kinda miserable. I woke up with a horrible headache & irritated. I know why I was so upset but it was nothing that spending time in God's presence couldn't fix! I bible studied, prayed, cried, & cuddled with my dog, all (except for the crying part) a recipe for a great morning! 

The verse of the day on Saturday in the Bible app was Isaiah 40:31, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. I'm in a place right now where I'm just feeling unsure & weak, this verse was so grounding for me (as God's word always is). In seasons of waiting or uncertainty we can place our hope in the Lord & while we may still struggle with feelings of uncertainty & fear we can know that God is faithful, He's always good, He establishes our steps, He's always working for His glory & for our best (even when we can't see it), & His promises are true! We can cling to these facts through hard times & we don't have to feel bad when we feel things like fear or anxiety, God sees those feelings & is here for us. Nothing is too much for Him, you're not too much for Him! 

Of course with a morning Bible study over the weekend you need a good coffee! I made a cookie butter latte using the Illy classic espresso & Chobani cookie butter creamer, so so so yuuummmyyyy! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ After a walk with my sweet puppy, my even sweeter boyfriend handled breakfast! First up was the Whole Foods cranberry walnut bread with Kerrygold salted butter. This was our first time trying it & it was super delicious⭐⭐⭐⭐, it reminded me of the Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl bread before it was recession-ified (it used to have way more raisins in it). My parents used to buy that bread as a treat, it was an every once in a while thing & always felt so special when we got it. Then some tater tots while I played pokopia ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My boyfriend has been really into an egg with tater tots & it really hits the spot! 

Then to just get out of the apartment a bit we went shopping. The original plan was to pop into Michael's to buy frames for some prints we bought at an art fair a year or so ago & maybe supplies for punch needling. As you can guess, we got very distracted. This was also our first time taking our puppy out in a stroller, I usually just hold her & that shortens our trips in stores because she is a little bit heavy. 12 lbs starts to feel heavier the more & more you walk. We ended up perusing the halloween decorations, popping over to Old Navy to browse, & then stopping in at Target (we went in for chocolate chips & ended up spending over $200). My most joy inducing purchases are down below.



All in all, a warm weekend! Today (Sunday) I'm going to make some taco soup & just chill. Potential cold aside, I am just yearning for fall & a warm soup fits that vibe! Maybe we'll even pop on a Halloween movie! 

 ⊹₊ ⋆.π–₯” ݁ ˖⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Ω  ࣪⭑





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings about Halloween Nostalgia

There's something so warm & cozy about the 2000s fall/halloween aesthetic & maybe I just think that because I was a kid at that ...